Thursday, March 5, 2015

A Good Place

I love where my family is. This phase of life. 


Harper is learning how to read and doing math, she's becoming very artistic, and she's excited to start kindergarten in August. She loves to be a helper, whether it's putting her laundry away, grabbing something for Kinley that is just out of reach, or making her brother laugh when I'm stuck in the middle of something. 


Kinley is 3 in all her glory. Some aspects of her age are crazy challenging, but it's seriously one of my favorite ages so far. She had a speech delay, but now she's really talking and communicating like never before. Her vocabulary blows me away, and I love hearing her talk, sing, pretend... She has such a fun personality, and she is still my biggest cuddler. 


Foster will be one in just a few short weeks. My baby won't be a baby much longer! He loves to dance, be outside, pretend to walk but then dive into my lap instead, watch MMA with his daddy, and torment our household pets. He is gaining independence and learning ways to play with his sisters. 

Last night, our family of 5 slept in one hotel room. Our girls are big enough to share a queen size bed without falling off. Foster went straight to sleep in his pack n play with no problems. And all 3 kids slept straight through the night. 

Hallelujah! It feels good to be where we are! I still have three children 5 and under, so every day is packed full of challenges and frustration. But our days are also full of fun and laughter and joy. I will miss the newborn phase (yes our plan is to be done having kids), but I am so excited to see my kids grow and change and live life. And who am I kidding? I am SO excited to start sleeping again! I still never sleep through the night. Foster is hit or miss, and if it isn't the kids, it's the cat or javelina on my front porch. But my nights have improved drastically, and I am grateful. My mom watches the kids for us once a week, and now that Foster can take a bottle our weekly date nights don't have to start after bedtime. 


Weekly date nights...one of the greatest gifts 2015, and my amazing mother, has given us this year! It's a good phase, and I'm loving it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment