Friday, January 23, 2015

Journal, Routine, and Ice Cream

These are a few of my favorite things, but they're also my New Year's Resolutions. 


1. Journal. I used to be so good at journaling. I have a box of old journals that I wrote throughout college and after. When Harper was born, I stopped writing in my own journal and started one for her. I wrote in it several times a week...milestones, what she was eating, what made her laugh and cry, each new tooth. I filled her first journal before she turned one. Then Kinley came along, and keeping up with two journals (while keeping up with two kids) was a much bigger challenge. I was determined though, and I started Kinley's journal, although it has far fewer entries than Harper's. Now with three kids, well...I just started Foster's two days ago, and he will be 10 months old tomorrow. Last week I went to write in Kinley's and realized it had been over a year! I think in my head, I've always felt like I needed to write in all three every time, and so it never happened (given the amount of spare time I have). This year, I am writing in each kid's journal once a week: Foster on Mondays, Kinley on Wednesdays, and Harper on Fridays. It's not as much as Harper used to get, but it's better than nothing!


2. Routine. In addition to my new journaling routine, I am working on mapping out my weeks in regards to cleaning, laundry, and family activities. I started a laundry routine when Nanny moved in last April, and it worked wonderfully for the few weeks I stuck with it. Of course life got hectic, and laundry took a back seat until necessity called. So my laundry routine is being reinstated, along with a cleaning schedule. Plus, each day of the week has a family activity in place. This way we can be more intentional about family time and keeping our kids active. 


3. Ice Cream. It's not what you think...most people resolve to eat healthier in the New Year. I think it's a wonderful plan, but I am by no means giving up ice cream. In fact, it's just the opposite. My favorite New Year's Resolution is simply: eat more ice cream in 2015. Why you ask? Because 2014 was rough. And mental health is important, too, right? Ice cream is a major part of my plan to make 2015 a stellar year!


No comments:

Post a Comment