Monday, December 15, 2014

Holiday Homesickness

As much as I love the holidays, and I really love the holidays, they make me terribly homesick. I miss Savannah, but more than my hometown, I long for time with my family. All of my family except my mom are back in Georgia, celebrating Thanksgiving and then Christmas all together every year, and I catch glimpses via skype. What I wouldn't give to snuggle up on the couch with my sisters while we watch the cousins play and listen to our husbands joke around, and smell whatever glorious food my dad is preparing. This year my mom will be back home for Christmas, so I will be missing her, too. 

But I am so grateful that I have a family worth missing! If they weren't so amazing, it wouldn't be so hard to be away. I'm also thankful for Skype. It wasn't too long ago when Chris and I were celebrating Christmas in Africa and we couldn't even pick up the phone to call, let alone talk face to face via the internet. 


(My sister Lynnae, reading to baby Harper)


(My sister Kelly, with teeny tiny baby Harper)

I love them. I love my family. I'm so glad they're mine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment