Sunday, October 5, 2014

Muir Woods and other Outskirts Adventures

I love the beach. I love the city. I love Africa. I love my flat home town of Savannah. I love to travel and see places. But I love wooded mountains. In college we would go on beautiful hikes along the Appalachian Trail. The colors in the fall are breathtaking! It's been a very long time since I've seen woods that compare to those. 

On Friday Chris and I decided to stay out of the city and visit the Redwoods, Muir Beach, and the local coffee shops. Hiking through the Redwoods was amazing, and one of my favorite parts about the trip! 


The enormity of those trees is unbelievable. 




After our hike, we drove about 5 minutes to Muir Beach. We weren't dressed appropriately, so we only stayed for a few minutes. But it, too, was gorgeous. 




Oh, and I bought myself some flip flops. It was a really great morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment