Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Surprising Night

The night before last Harper slept straight through the night. It was wonderful. Last night, she went to bed at 7, woke up at 9, woke up at 11, woke up at 1, I couldn't fall asleep after that and stayed up until 2:15, then she woke up at 2:30. I was so incredibly frustrated, but by that point I figured I'd been up so long, what did it matter? So I picked her up and cuddled with her in the rocking chair. She snuggled with me for a few minutes, and then she opened her eyes and stared into mine. It was so nice and peaceful, just watching her in the dim blue glow of the clock beside us. Then she reached out her hand and grabbed my nose. Then she stuck her fingers in my nose. And then she laughed. So I laughed. And we kept giggling back and forth for a while. It was so great! After a few minutes I laid her back down and she was quiet. About 5 minutes after I got back in bed, the monsoon storm hit, and the thunder and lightning scared her. So I went and got her and brought her back to our bed until the storm passed. Then she went back to bed and slept until 7:00 this morning. I started out so tired and frustrated, but I ended up thankful that I had that special time with her. I love being a mom. I absolutely love being a mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment