Thursday, April 30, 2015

Today is the Day

Today is the day my husband meets his biological mother.  

Today is the day my kids meet their new Nana. 

Today is the day my best friend was born! 



To Chris:
Happy birthday babe! I'm so excited for today! I love celebrating you and making you feel special, and I love that you get to meet your mom today! I know you have a million things going through your mind today. Your stomach is twisted in a few knots and the anticipation is intense. Although we've talked about this a thousand times since finding her, you're no closer to having the words for all the things you're feeling. But I know you're wondering what she will think of you, us, our kids, our life...

Can I just say how very lucky she is? 

You are strong. 

You are brave. 

You are adventurous. 

You are a leader. 

You are responsible. 

You are generous. 

You are loyal. 

You are influential. 

You are everything a mother could want in a son. 

Your children adore you, and I am so in love with you! We've been to 45 states together, 7 countries together, we've performed on stage together, we've touched lion cubs together, we've bought a house together, we've prayed together, we've done ministry together...

...we've skiied, hiked, swam in 3 oceans, camped, white-water rafted, flown, driven, rode on a train, cruised in a tour bus, gone on safari, slept in a township, stood under the Eifel Tower, been to the top of the Empire State Building, sat in Times Square on New Year's Eve, stood on stage with Jay Leno, got lost in Boston, sipped maple syrup in Vermont, ate waffles in Belgium, and rode 4-wheelers on the dunes in Namibia together...

Plus we've had 3 of the cutest, sweetest, craziest, smartest, most adorable kids on the planet. 



She may not know you yet, but she will be so proud of you. I know this like I know the sun will rise and set. Because you are amazing. You are inspiring. You are committed to God's calling on your life, even when it's hard. You take care of us. You make your daughters feel beautiful and special. You hug your son and tell him you love him. You admire me and value me. 

And I love you. Enjoy today, every bit of it. 

Happy birthday to my favorite person. You're getting old, but I don't mind...ha!

PS...Remember that time we were camping in South Africa and those 2 ostriches walked terrifyingly close to us through our campsite and the warthogs snuck into our food stash and ate our papayas while we went into the game park? Seriously...what a fun life!


No comments:

Post a Comment