Thursday, March 26, 2015

Foster's Big Year

"We've had bad luck with our kids - they've all grown up." ~Christopher Morley

Have you ever read the book If I Could Keep You Little? I can't help but think, every single time I read it, that my kids are too young to understand it, and really I'm just reading it for myself. I love it though...such a sweet reminder that there is always more to look forward to right around the corner. 


Now my baby is one. It's weird thinking that I will most likely never have a newborn again. And while my heart is tempted to be sad, I'm not sure I have the right. I've been so blessed to have not just one, but three beautiful children. I even got to play with both girl and boy baby clothes. 


So here is a happy, reminiscent glance at Foster's first year...

• you were born on a Monday...


• you were my biggest baby...


• the first few weeks, after the girls were in bed, we would lay silently next to each other and just stare at each other. It was my favorite time of day...


• Nanny moved in when you were only 3 weeks old. You love the sound of her voice...


•you used to suck on your tongue while you slept...




• at 4 months you were off the charts in height. You're still crazy tall...


• you sat up at your 4 month check up...


• you went through a phase where only mommy would do...


• you used to fall asleep in the bath...


• once you tasted real food, you started refusing all things puréed...


...and now...

• you have 4 teeth...
• you wear 18 month clothes and size 4 diapers, my little giant...
• you can say hi, mama, daddy, more, and puppy...
• you love your sisters. Harper can always make you laugh...




• you love playing with me, but you love sleeping on your daddy...
• you finally have some hair...
• you're close to walking, but every time you take one step, you grin really big, throw your arms out wide, and free fall into my arms with glee...
• you're my favorite baby boy in the entire world...













2 comments: