Sunday, August 12, 2012

Wait, What's Happening? We Started Off So Great!

DAY TWO
At 5:30 this morning I woke up to a sweet 2 year old's voice in my ear that said simply, "Mommy..." I was up in an instant, felt her legs, and knew she had had an accident. I expected it, so it was easy to be calm and reassuring. We went to her room to clean up her bed but found it dry. I was completely shocked! So she sat on the potty but said she didn't have to go. So I did some investigating and found the puddle right in front of my nightstand. I was still extremely impressed that she made it all night AND all the way to my room before peeing. So she got a reward for a dry bed, and we started the day off happy. 

But she was tired and not nearly as excited as the day before. She had no desire to stay at our camped out spot in the kitchen/dining area (where there's no carpet). So I went with it and we moved into the living room. It made it a bit harder because Kinley was playing in there, so an added distraction.

Basically, she peed in the potty once, all day. Later in the day she pooped once...after a suppository. Some of you may think I'm absolutely insane and stupid, and maybe you're right. But my poor girl wound up in the ER just 2 months ago with what they thought was appendicitis, but actually it was sever constipation and an impacted colon. It hurt her so badly that she was writhing in pain in my arms at the doctor and they sent me straight to the hospital. She was holding it in this time for so long that I didn't want it to get to that point. About an hour and a half later, she finally pooped on the potty while holding my hand and crying the entire time. She was pretty happy after the fact, and I was relieved to show her that she could do it, but from then on she had no desire to use the potty for the rest of the day.

Our children pick up on things, that much is easy to see. I ended the day feeling terrible, knowing that my anxiety about her getting sick again rubbed off on her and caused her to be scared. I was never frustrated or angry with her, that much I can say. Any disappointment was strictly for myself. 

But that's part of being a mom, making mistakes and learning from them. We did have some fun during the day though. We danced some more, I had her help me make some new popsicles that I wanted to try (my own recipe for cherry cheesecake popsicles) which she enjoyed the most at the end while licking the utensils, we did a new puzzle that she picked out of the prize bag after she pooped in the potty, I played my flute for her, we painted her toenails and the dog's nails for the first time ever, and we jumped on the trampoline. 

But I really did enjoy my Java Chip Ice Cream with Bailey's on top once the girls were asleep. Yes I did. Did I mention my husband is in Peru right now? Yeah.

Oh yeah, and Kinley found the Vaseline. Hehe...

4 comments:

  1. Awww... You're such a good momma. Take heart. I know that potty training is so tough. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your post! I started and stopped Anke's pottytraining a month ago! We are not ready, yet! I hope you guys are doing well though, you are such a good momma!! Makes training hard with a crawler in the house... Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation on maintaining a great blog. I think, Your blog has great content and though well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually enjoyed picture through this posting . Many thanks. Well done, my friend, well done.
    Baby Names

    ReplyDelete