Thursday, December 30, 2010

Labor Pains

This time last year my labor had started. Two nights before I would have contractions all through the night, and then they would stop just in time for me to go to work. That wasn't fun. But on Tuesday I told my boss that the baby was coming (even though she's my first and it was 2 weeks before my due date). So I skipped work on Wednesday. We had a doctor's appointment, and he said it could be the next day or weeks from then. We went to the movies and spent the whole day hanging out, just the two of us. At around 7:00 that night the contractions started. By 1:00am they were about 4 minutes apart, so we headed to the hospital.  They kept me in triage for about 3 hours waiting to see if I would dilate more, but by 4:00 I was still around a 1 or 2. So home we went, with the instructions to come back when it became hard to even breathe. 11:00 that morning we went back to the hospital...it was hard to breathe. I sat on a birthing ball (which we found out later kept me from needing a c-section...long story). My water broke around 1:15pm, I started pushing at about 1:25pm, and little Harper Grey Holohan was born at 1:42pm! It's so hard to believe she's turning one tomorrow. It feels like she's always been in my life! Tomorrow is gonna be a pretty crazy day, we have a lot to get done. Harper's birthday party is at 4:30, and I think we have around 30 people coming, kids included. Should be pretty exciting!

This Time Last Year Photos...
Contractions at Home
Sitting in Triage...Look at that Belly!!
Heart Rate and Contraction Monitor
Finally in My Hospital Room



More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment